[WLUG] Happy Holidays game

Clif Flynt CLIF at CFLYNT.COM
Wed Dec 24 12:05:08 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:29:39AM -0500, Robert Steckroth wrote:
> Fun game, may contain spyware. Found external links to ->
> ming.uploads.dataservice.cg.ch

  Huh?

  I'm very confused.  None of this should be happening.  I compiled all
but one library myself, and that library was from a trusted, commercial
source (ActiveState).

> Game uses more than 40 megabyte on the Windows registry when it should only
> be about 2.

  It should never touch the registry.  What is it trying to put there?

> Also, FileServicer Pro flags this a potential worm. Just saying.

  Can you send me some more details off-list.  I have zero intent of
sending out spyware and I'm not sure where/how anything got into this.

  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif at cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..