[WLUG] Should I switch to Ubuntu?

gordon webb gordonwebb1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 22:27:00 EST 2014

 Hello All
Would you switch from Windows 8.1 to Ubuntu 14.1?  Or, where can I go for help with the printer's wireless connection?
Just got a HP Lap top model 15-r031ds.  It has Windows 8.1 for an operating system.  Can't get the thing to work wirelessly with my HP Diskjet  6988 printer.  I have spent hours with out success.   I have this lap top wirelessly connection to the router / internet that's okay.
I have been happier with Ubuntu in the past, its just that this thing is new and I think  a fairly new operating system.
Gordon