[WLUG] Sugestion needed.

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Sat Feb 1 06:41:18 EST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:15:19 -0800 (PST)
gordon webb <gordonwebb1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I could use some sugestions on purching a new lap top.  I am intested
> in one with a 14 or 15" screen.  If some one knows of a lab top sold
> with Ubuntu as the operating system please let me know.
>

> The hard drive on my HP G60t-200 lap top has the click of death.  It
> is time for me to by a new lap top any way.  I bought the HP in March
> of 2009 so it is close to 5 years old.  I guess that is a fair run
> for a lap top.  I will probably buy a new hard drive and use the HP
> to try other versions of Linux.
>
> Gordon

	Emperor Linux <http://emperorlinux.com/mfgr/> resells several
	different name brands  of notebooks running Linux. FWIW, I
	bought a refurbished Panasonic Toughbook from Rugged Depot
	<http://refurb.ruggeddepot.com/> several years ago and wish I
	had coughed up the money sooner. It came w/no OS and I
	installed Mint. Bewteen 6-8 hours of battery life and a screen
	you can crank up so bright you'll get sunburn, it's been a
	very good purchase. Emperor resells Toughbooks w/Linux
	installed.

--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber