[WLUG] ISP recommendations?

Brian Stretch brianstretch at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 13:07:49 EST 2014

Just out of curiosity, any recommended providers for a 1Gbps feed for a small campus? Probably more money than we have but our current 100Mbps feed will be up for renewal... sometime. 123.net looks like an interesting possibility.

On Friday, January 31, 2014 12:42 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Ethan Allen wrote:

> I currently have a T1 MPLS network with DSL backup but I am looking to
> upgrade the DSL to another T1 MPLS service with another carrier.
> Avoiding AT&T, are there any other recommendations for southeast MI?
> Specifically, does anyone have first-hand experience with Windstream
> services they would be willing to share?

At one customer's we use Windstream as a backup, but our
primarly link has not had issues requiring fail-across, so I
cannot really speak as to specifics

Except for a regular, middle of the night 'wink' by ATT, I
have found them quite acceptable as to digital services

-- Russ herrold