[WLUG] Free SLES Distro?

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Thu Feb 12 11:52:35 EST 2015

> On Feb 12, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>
> perform quite like what you're used to.  I'm also not a huge fan of
> Gnome3 and I'm not sure what we're going to do when we start deploying
> RHEL7 workstations here.  I don't really blame Red Hat here -- they're
> just packaging what is supported by upstream.

For better or for worse, it’s pretty hard to untangle Red Hat the distributor
from Red Hat the sponsor of developers on many of the upstream projects.

I don’t know specifically how many redhat developers work on GNOME, but we
certainly have redhat to blame for systemd.  I like the idea of killing sysvinit,
but what a turd systemd is.