[WLUG] SSH and HTTP Proxy Options

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Wed Jun 24 01:36:23 EDT 2015

Either solution is probably fine.  If your DMZ device is also your default route, an http proxy can be “transparent”; otherwise, clients will have to be configured for the proxy (regardless of socks vs. http proxy).

http proxies can have some useful features (e.g., whitelists or blacklists of sites to view, caching, etc).   I’ve used “tinyproxy”, which has the advantage of being simple.

danno