[WLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 on MAC PPPC G5 Problems

Dave Coak dave at davecoakaudio.com
Fri Mar 13 13:02:28 EDT 2015

Hi
     I am a new member.  I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on a MAC PPC G5.
I am having a few difficulties.  I have a ATI x1600 dual DVI out
Graphics Card,
and the computer is connected to a 16:9 ASUS 1080P monitor via HDMI input.
The only widescreen monitor resolution choices in Ubuntu are:
1920 X 1080(16:9), 1680 X 1050(16X10), and 1440 X 900(16:10).
I have severe vision limitations, and require that all fonts and image
be large.
With the resolution set at 1920 X 1080, the only setting available that
allows
the entire desktop to be visible, the text and images in applications are
too small for me to be able to see clearly.
With resolution set at 1440 X 900, text and images are easy for me to read,
but because the ratio is 16:10 instead of 16:9,
the bottom of the desktop is not visible.
I have been unsuccessful in finding a driver for my ATI card
that has the choices their PC drivers do,which work well with my monitor.
I also have not been successful at getting my G5 optical digital audio
output
to work.  It does not appear in the choices in the Sound Preferences.
Thanks
Dave Coak
(734) 428-2000
_dave at davecoakaudio.com_