[WLUG] opportunity at the UM Life Sciences Institute

Brad Battey bbattey at umich.edu
Fri Apr 29 14:07:28 EDT 2016

Good Afternoon!
	The Life Sciences Institute is seeking a linux-savvy
programmer/analyst.  The position will work closely with the
Institute’s computation-heavy disciplines, such as our structural and
computational biologists.  This includes helping researchers navigate
and effectively use local/campus technology resources for data
processing and contributing back to scientific software projects where
possible.  LSI IT is also working to automate data collection and
analysis workflows for our labs.  For an example of this please see our
Michigan IT Symposium poster at
https://umich.app.box.com/s/i8h0brpnj495gmnyagjivum3fx9034r4 [30MB].

The posting is at http://umjobs.org/job_detail/124672 .  It closes
5/06/2016.

	The Life Sciences Institute is a multi-disciplinary research
institute embedded within the University of Michigan.  LSI faculty
members are leaders in diverse fields such as cell biology, genetics,
computational biology, stem cell biology, physiology and chemical
biology.  Through its core resources and initiatives, the Institute
creates crossroads for all UM faculty and students to engage across
fields and other academic boundaries.  Located directly between UM’s
medical campus and central humanities campus, the LSI serves as a
physical and intellectual bridge linking the basic life science areas
with medicine, public health, engineering, law and business.  The
Institute actively participates in the regional life sciences industry
community to promote economic development through the development,
licensing and spin out of new technologies and discoveries.

Please don’t hesitate to reach-out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
	Brad Battey
	IT Manager
	Life Sciences Institute