[WLUG] Libre Office Base

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Mon Nov 21 10:13:25 EST 2016

I use LibreOffice on my Mac. I mainly use the word processor, sometimes the spreadsheet program, and very occasionally the presentation program. I’ve never used the drawing or database programs, but I might give the latter a go one of these days.

The word processor works great. I prefer using it over the Mac’s Pages program. I’ve rarely had trouble exchanging documents with other people. The spreadsheet program also works OK, but I prefer to use the Mac’s Numbers program. Same for the presentation program. I prefer the Mac’s KeyNote program.

The reason I prefer the Mac spreadsheet and presentation programs really gets down to the user interface. I find the LibreOffice user interface clunky, and for want of a better word “out of date.” (OK, that’s three words, but you get the idea.) It’s kind of like using Windows 98 programs on a Windows 10 machine. (I know that mentioning Windows on this list is kind of anathema, but again, you get the idea. :) )

Regards,

Dan Romanchik  |  Technology Writer and Blogger
www.linkedin.com/in/danromanchik
www.danromanchik.com
734.930.6564
@kb6nu, @danromanchik