[WLUG] Anyone looking for a short-term cotract?

Mark J. Bobak mark at bobak.net
Tue Dec 12 16:02:05 EST 2017

Hi all,

My company is looking for someone to fulfill a short-term contract.

Work we need done is as follows:
We have existing Linux Server, currently running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.  This
was formerly used as a Samba server, to provide some shared storage for
Windows laptops.  The shared storage has been migrated to a dedicated NAS.

We want to re-purpose the server to be a Samba-based AD server, so that we
can use it to enforce password complexity and password expiration/rotation
for the Windows-based employee laptops.

Which brings me to the next task.  We need to upgrade from Windows 10 Home
(for the most part, maybe a few Win7/Win8) to Windows 10 Pro, so that they
can participate in the AD connection.  Also, configure laptops to connect
to Samba AD.

Finally, give me a crash course in all of the above, so that I can support
it going forward.

Anyone out there with the requisite skill set, that's interested?

-Mark