[WLUG] Ubuntu, xfce, gimp

Charles Dayringer dayringer at izzy.net
Tue Jan 24 16:45:15 EST 2017

I'm using Ubuntu Studio 16.10, it uses the xfce interface.

I noticed today that the Gimp has disappeared from ALL menus. It's
always been there before.

I can't even right-click on an image and choose "open with gimp" from
the drop-down.

It no longer appears on any of the main menus.

Weird.

I know it is installed, I even tried uninstalling & reinstalling it, &
rebooting still not on any menu.

I can get it to start either via a terminal command, or by manually
adding it to the main menu.

Anyone know what's up with this? I'd like to get back to the ability to
right click on an image and choose "open with gimp".

-Charles