[WLUG] Linux, Monero and Hardware Issue

Chris Baty batymahn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 06:18:44 EDT 2017

Hi guys,

I had an old Windows box and 3 Radeon cards, only 1 of which seemed to work
so I thought I'd give Ubuntu a try.  Forget Bitcoin, Monero's have gone up
25% in the past 2 months.

So i finally got the AMD drivers installed, I gave up on the Claymore Miner
in Linux and got the Wolf-Xmr-Miner going.

Questions:
The main reason I chose Linux is the "lspci" command.  Are there any other
hardware tools in Linux that would help me look into the heart of a
graphics card?

Does Ubuntu support USB type PCI-E raisers?

Anyone else mine Monero/Etherium in Linux?  The Wolf Miner seems to be only
mining with the CPU: a slow thing.

I couldn't get VNC working so I went with X2GO.  What do you guys use?

Thanks.

Chris