[WLUG] Update on my jar/jad/ota issue

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 02:21:01 EDT 2017

I've stripped all the carriage returns out of the MANIFEST file and
regenerated the jad file based on the new file size and updated IP and
port. The result is the same with UC Browser: it gets the jad file,
goes through the normal installation process, then hangs trying to get
the jar file until I hit Cancel. The message is Cancelled, NOT the
mismatch error I was getting from the other server.
_
I've also tried accessing other files both with the java phone's
native browser and with Minuet, the only known j2me browser that does
NOT go through a proxy server. And found that neither the native
browser nor Minuet can get ANYTHING from the Android phone, while UC
Browser can at least read jpg and html files on it.
_
So it seems that for some reason, the Android phone, or something
between the two phones, doesn't like the java phone; and completing
the installation requires the java phone's native browser (which comes
from the java phone's IP address instead of the UCB server's).