[WLUG] GCC compiling help - No TUN device [ SOLVED ]

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Sun Jul 22 01:38:56 EDT 2018

Greetings,
    The TUN device problem has been solved!

    The author of the JNOS software, Maiko Langelaar VE4KLM, sent me a
replacement file for 'tun.c' called 'tun_sp2l.c' that corrected this known
problem.  Simply CP the new software in place of tun.c and the compile
went on without errors.

    However, a new problem reared its ugly head with regard to NCURSES.
That was nipped in the butt by installing the 'libncurses5-dev' package.

    JNOS now compiles and generates the desired executable.  It is now
installed and running and I am generating various config files to make it
compatable with a Packet Radio node I have been runnning on DOS 6.11 for
the past couple decades :)

    I want to thank Lane Hoy, Rick Green N8BJX, Jim Smith N8AVX, and Joe
Landman for their kind assistance!

       --- Jay Nugent  WB8TKL