[WLUG] Looking for Technical Editor

Clif Flynt CLIF at cflynt.com
Mon Feb 25 09:39:04 EST 2019

Hi,
  I'm writing the 4'th edition of Packt Press's
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook.

  That's a mis-titling. It's a book about command line tools with very
little about shell scripting, but they don't want to retitle it.

  That said, they'd like me to find a technical editor to read the
chapters and confirm that they info is correct and I didn't make any
stypid tupos.

  I don't think they pay for this.

  The upside for doing it is that you get your name on the credits as a
tech editor, which is a bit of resume fodder, and it's an "in" to the
publisher.  My first technical editing of a manuscript got Academic
Press to consider (and accept) my proposal for my first book.

  And, you might learn something. I certainly learn the material
better for writing the books than I knew it when I was just making
things work.

  If you're interested, let me know, and I'll send you the contact
info for my editor at Packt.

  Happy hacking,
  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cflynt.com ... clif at cflynt.com ....
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..