[WLUG] HotSpot as Server?

Scott Webster Wood treii28 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 10:43:05 EDT 2019

By the way, if anyone has ever done any configuring of WWAN devices (I have three and can't seem to get any of them to work) on a Raspberry Pi, I'm in the process of trying to build my own in what I refer to as my 'birdhouse' (I built something resembling a birdhouse with solar panels on top that I was hoping to turn into a portable WWAN<->WiFi remote tool for various projects.

I have an AT&T Generation one dev kit, a SIM7000a on a PCIE->USB adapter and recently picked up a 340u (USB aircard) and also have an older elevate around [3g] and a 770s unite available.  I was able to get the 340u to connect on my ubuntu but can't seem to figure out what is missing on the raspberry pi configuration.

I tried to get an ubuntu dist up and running on the pi, but the brains inside it is currently an older 2a+ which wouldn't run the latest raspi-ubuntu    On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:37:12 AM EDT, Scott Webster Wood <treii28 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 I have used and recommend the Servers Ultimate bundles on rooted android phones. You can do all sorts of stuffs using the tools in that. Most of the most used protocols are also available from the same company as individual tools and some of them even work on non-rooted phones. I was using their proxy server a few weeks back from my hotspot to cut down on bandwidth usage and to increase load times on a busy connection up north.