[WLUG] lugwash.org domain name

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Aug 20 08:49:29 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:54:32PM -0400, Thomas Valerio wrote:
> I have made it abundantly clear to several people, Jay included that I
> would only host a domain that was under the complete administrative and
> technical control of a current Lugwash member.  We have asked Jay
> repeatedly to turn lugwash.org over to us to no avail.  At 3:00 p.m. today
> I sent an email out giving Jay 24 hours to initiate the transfer of the
> lugwash.org domain name.  If before 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, there was any
> evidence of a good faith effort on Jay's part to hand over our domain
> name, we can continue to use lugwash.org.  If there is no movement on
> Jay's part by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow we will start using washlug.org.

Seeing as how the lugwash.org mail domain is currently broken, and no
one can send mail to it (unless you can override your DNS), the new
domain appears to be the only way to contact the list (assuming this
email even gets through.)

I'm not really familiar with the multiple sides of this saga, just
that it sounds like egos are getting in the way of proper
communication.