[WLUG] Reading a Lexar SDHC

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Tue Dec 17 23:47:18 EST 2013

Jeff, are you sure you weren’t trying to read an SDHC in an SD reader, or something like that?

The only capacity limits I’ve ever run into have been related to the version of the SD protocol/spec.

i.e., SD vs SDHC vs SDXC.

My understanding is that if they both say SDHC they are supposed to work together.

SD is “up to 4GB” , SDHC is “up to 32GB” and SDXC is bigger.  I quote things because I think I’ve run into a 4GB SDHC, even though supposedly it could have been SD.

Hmm, it looks like SDXC always comes pre formatted with “exfat”.  I wonder if that means cameras will default to it, i imagine they probably will.  puke.

Jack, I presume that you’e tried it on some other device.