[WLUG] (no subject)

sallyvdv sallyvdv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:31:22 EDT 2014

Steven,
If your homework does not require using that specific video card (I don't
know what classes you have), a simple solution would be to run Ubuntu in a
virtual machine on Windows instead of dual booting.  VMware player is free
and would provide you with a generic virtual graphics card for the Ubuntu
guest machine.  Loading Ubuntu onto a VM can be as simple as pointing the
VMware player at a downloaded .ISO file. The beauty of this type of
solution is that you can run Windows and Linux simultaneously -- no need to
reboot when switching between the two. If you install VMware tools (also
free) then you can cut and paste between the guest and host machines and
that can come in handy when doing homework as well.

Good luck,
Sally Vandeven