[WLUG] The End of XP an Opportunity for Linux?

Chris Baty batymahn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:17:33 EDT 2014

Hi guys,
Through ironic circumstances I've become the IT Coordinator of a moderately
sized Ann Arbor non-profit.  Our backbone is a Windows 2008 Server (lucky
me) but our staff accesses it, via Remote Desktop, through a bunch of old
XP machines.  Now that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft I'm seriously
thinking about installing Kubuntu (because of it's similarity to Windows,
low cost and resistance to viruses) on our old XP machines.

Has any one had a similar decision?

Thanks.

Chris Baty
IT Coordinator