[WLUG] cameras?

john thiels jthiels at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:30:41 EDT 2014

Have you tried the camera with Linux lately?  If it is older, there is an
even better chance that it will work with the drivers now.

Last week, I  had difficulty getting my Lenovo laptop camera to be
activated and work with Firefox for a verified course I was taking.  I had
to add the v4l development repository to Software Sources (
https://launchpad.net/~libv4l/+archive/development)  and make sure that the
v4l-utils package was installed.  Then I had to go to the global Adobe
settings and allow the website I was using to have access to the camera.
 Since then it has worked without any problems.

Note the following websites:

http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com/2012/05/solved-problem-of-logitech-webcams-and.html

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/v4l2ucp/

John