[WLUG] Msg. "Failed to install boot loader" when making Start up USB

Jim Beckstrom jrbeckstrom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 11 02:41:34 EST 2014

Hi Gordon,

     I have a 2gb thumb drive with kubuntu 13.04.  I installed it on a Toshiba Satellite that originally had vista on it, been using it since last summer.  (I also just installed it on a "much older" Dell Latitude, originally had xp; but couldn't get the wifi to work with xfinity, otherwise it worked fine with an ethernet cable.)