[WLUG] Msg. "Failed to install boot loader" when making Start up USB

john thiels jthiels at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 16:16:28 EST 2014

Hi Gordon,
An .iso is just a single file that has the whole system inside it (in this
case).  When you go to "Download Ubuntu" you end up downloading a .iso
file.   It's what you would burn onto a CD/DVD or load onto a USB key.

When you try to turn the HP computer on, are you getting the very first HP
screen (the BIOS)?

What about installing from a CD/DVD this time?