[WLUG] Problem with install 13.10

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:21:21 EDT 2014

The error message is probably irrelevant to your problem with the lap top.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/167343/what-is-a-asking-for-cache-data-failed-warning

How did you attempt the installation?  Something like this?
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/08/install-ubuntu-13-10-from-usb/

You may be encountering a different bug with Ubuntu such as a video or BIOS
bug.  Try starting it with boot options like nomodeset:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions