[WLUG] Problem with install 13.10

gordon webb gordonwebb1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 23:21:22 EDT 2014

Hello All

I downloaded Ubuntu 13.10 on a 4g USB flash stick.  I set up my HP
G60T-200 lab top with Ubuntu 10.40 to boot from a usb port.  When I
started the lab top with the USB / Ubuntu 13.10 flash stick the screen
moved  different then its usual boot up from the hard drive.  I figured
some thing was wrong when the following message kept repeating its self.

Asking for cache data failed
Assuming drive cache write through

So what do I need to do to get a more curent version of Ubutu down loaded to my labtop?

This update to 13.10 is motovated because I have been having problems
with connecting to the intrenet with the lab top.  see thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2195563

Gordon