[WLUG] Installling Linux with UEFI?

Pritpaul Mahal pritpaul at umich.edu
Wed Nov 12 19:37:15 EST 2014

I've had no trouble getting UEFI (without secure boot) working on 2 different Dell laptops.  But then I refuse to use GRUB (of any variety, ever) in my personal life and for these installs didn't try to use a distro where the installer does all the bootloader setup.  If you're willing to do a deep dive and learn about it and do it yourself, I highly recommend http://www.rodsbooks.com/linux-uefi as a general reference and his rEFInd bootloader in particular.  IIRC I used it along with the kernel EFI stub.

--Pritpaul