[WLUG] Installling Linux with UEFI?

Jon DeVree nuxi at vault24.org
Wed Nov 12 19:14:45 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 14:59:41 -0500, Jan Wolter wrote:
> I've installed Linux on a lot of computers, which isn't much to boast
> about because it's always been easy.
>
> It's stopped being easy.

Understatement of the year. At work we run on linux and I said that when
I came up in the laptop replacement cycle I'd get a Dell and figure out
how to do UEFI booting on linux. Then I'd get it working on our gear...

I immediately put my laptop in BIOS boot mode and haven't even started.
I'm just gonna pray that server gear continues having the "run in BIOS
mode" setting for many years to come.

When I played with it in a VM, it failed to boot and dropped to UEFI
shell half of the time for no apparent reason.
--
Jon
Doge Wrangler