[WLUG] A couple of questions...

Rick Green rtgreen at chartermi.net
Wed Sep 10 13:49:41 EDT 2014

1) I'm setting up an external hard drive that I'll use for audio files. It
needs to be mountable and writable on both Linux and Mac OSX systems. What
filesystem would I select to optimize reliability and I/O thruput on both of
these systems?

2) I'd like to set up a multi-boot system, with each OS mounting the same
volume for my home directory.  I have problems, however, with application
configuration files getting corrupted from a different version of the same.  Is
there some way I can set up a filesystem so that all of the 'dot' files in my
home directory are stored on the OS boot drive, and all the 'regular' files are
on my separate home drive, mounted as an 'overlay', so that as a user I see all
of them appearing to be in one home directory?

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org