[WLUG] Free SLES Distro?

Clif Flynt CLIF at CFLYNT.COM
Thu Feb 12 10:41:30 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:17:24AM -0500, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> >   But, it's not fully integrated (yet) in SL/7. Sendmail is still
> > controlled with init.d.  This might be that RH is moving away from
> > sendmail.  I'll concede that sendmail is a bear to configure, but last
> > time I looked at postfix it couldn't do the envelope rewriting I need.
>
> I'd double-check that -- the CentOS7 sendmail package doesn't include
> a SysV init file, only systemd service units.
>
> # rpm -ql sendmail | egrep 'systemd|rc.d'
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/sendmail.service
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/sm-client.service
>
> The only way you get the SysV init script is if you install the
> extra sendmail-sysvinit package.

  Oops, my bad.  You're right, when I pulled in sendmail I pulled
in the sysvinit as well.

  I'll look into EPEL.

  I'm not totally against anything new, and I'll concede that the old
ways were cryptic and ill-documented.  But too much of the new stuff is
no less cryptic and even worse docco'd.

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif at cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..