[WLUG] Should I switch to Ubuntu?

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 00:53:20 EST 2015

The laptop is probably using UEFI so Ubuntu is an option but can be more
complicated to set up than older BIOS-based systems, especially if you want
to dual-boot Win8 and Ubuntu.

The printer should have built-in diagnostics.  Try to find them and see
what its network settings are, the IP address in particular.

The printer should be supported by Ubuntu.  CUPS should have drivers for it
and the hplip package has utils for most HP printers.