[WLUG] Switch to Ubuntu?

Clif Flynt CLIF at CFLYNT.COM
Thu Jan 1 15:53:25 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 05:19:48PM +0000, gordon webb wrote:

> ClifThe live install is a good idea.  Your note on the "warranty,
> you may need to leave Windows on it to get any repair done." Was sad
> news and I am guessing you are correct.  So I will be living with
> windows for the next year.  If I thought I could do a dual- boot would
> that stop the warranty?

  A dual boot should be OK.

  I've run into shops in the past that used Windows based tools to
diagnose problems and would re-install windows as the first step of
a repair if you didn't have windows available for them.

  The techs were generally happy to have a dual boot as long as they
could run their tools.

  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif at cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..