[WLUG] Winate

Chris Baty batymahn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:53:22 EST 2015

Hi guys,
I'm the IT coordinator at the Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living and
we have a few old Dell machine with expired Windows XP.  My boss wants new,
secure (preferablly Windows) machines without spending money lol - but I
saw this youtude video about an LXLE install with the Winate desktop.
Cool, I tried it.  Winate apparently likes Compton, which is no longer
supported.  I installed the Compton archive but I still can't get Winate to
engage.  Has anyone been able to get Winate to engage, or any other Windows
look-alike?
Thanks.
Chris

PS:  The most popular PC in our computer lab right now is straight Ubuntu.
Most of our clients aren't UM graduates, so to speak, so I FIND THIS
GRATIFYING.