[WLUG] [OT] IT Infrastructure Quote

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Fri Mar 6 15:03:38 EST 2015

Much as with e-mail, I’d suggest you outsource file storage.

 box.com <http://box.com/> or dropbox.com <http://dropbox.com/> or google drive or … i dunno.

Think carefully about the risks and benefits. is “the cloud” more, or less, likely to have a disaster that deletes all your files than you are?  Are your backups up to date, and sent off-site regularly?  What is the risk that the cloud provider will take a big crap and you’ll lose all your stuff?   Do you have stuff that is so sensitive that you can’t send it out?  Odds are that they will run it better than you ever could.

Do cloud backups while you are at it.  crashplan is good in my experience, i’ve heard good things about backblaze.

good luck.