[WLUG] Which CA does my ssl certificate belong to on the file system

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sat Jun 11 10:18:27 EDT 2016

Hi Robert,

You can use openssl to retrieve and view the certificates on a webserver.

To retrieve all certs on a server:
openssl s_client -connect www.carltm.com:443 -showcerts | tee allcerts

To view each cert:
(create a file for each cert including the "BEGIN CERTIFICATE" and
"END CERTIFICATE" lines)
openssl x509 -noout -text -purpose -in onecert

I hope this helps with your investigation.