[WLUG] Which CA does my ssl certificate belong to on the file system

Robert Steckroth robertsteckroth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:22:00 EDT 2016

Hello everyone, I have a interesting question for those of you with https
experience.
I have a certificate authority (through namecheap), chained to my ssl
key/certificate which is distributed by a Ubuntu server. The https content
server is nodejs and serves the ssl cert to three types of platforms: web
browsers, git repositories, and a qt desktop application. The https server
works find on browsers (with the green https uri text). The problem is, I
need to know where the CA certificate is kept on my local ubuntu file
system in order to add it to the qt application and to the git config. I
think maybe it is a cheap CA sense git does not already know about the CA
on the file system (it works if I add it manually via git config
http.sslCAInfo). Anyways, I still would like to know if there is a terminal
command to find which CA my cert belongs to on the file system. It seems
that they are everywhere on it, jeesh.