[WLUG] Which CA does my ssl certificate belong to on the file system

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sat Jun 11 16:58:20 EDT 2016

When you connect to a website with a browser (or the
openssl client) you get a copy of the certificate
directly from the webserver.  If you want to know where
the certificate is stored locally, you'd have to look
at the configuration of the webserver.

You also mentioned a CA hosted through namecheap.  That
would give you the ability to create certificates.
You should be able to access the secret key file and
the certificate file for any certificate you have created.

In addition to this, it is common for your browser to
use certificates to verify well-known CAs.  Look in your
browser's configuration to manage to view and, perhaps,
delete these certificates.

So...the first paragraph describes a certificate in use.
The second describes a certificate which may or may not
be in use.  The third describes certificates which have
been installed, and can verify a certificate in use.

My question to you...what certificate is it that you
want to find?  One you use currently, one that you
created, or one that has been installed?