[WLUG] Rumkin follow-up

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 01:12:26 EST 2018

I've gotten both the version we were working on and an older version
working to some extent. The newer verson, which uses MariaDB, spits
out the mp3 file that it's provide with, even if I change the user
agent string to that of my phone. The older version does NOT use a
database; and gives a link to a .gcd file, which in turn points to a
copy of the .mp3 file.

I've edited the .gcd to point to the .mp3 on grex, and uploaded both
files to my www directory on that system like I did with the jad/jar
file pairs. While the jad/jar file pairs install beautifully, trying
the same thing with a gcd/mp3 pair results in something like the file
can't be displayed.

If I put the gcd file on my Android phone, and point it to the mp3 on
grex, and access the gcd with UC Browser (something between the java
phone and the Android phone doesn't like the java phone's IP address),
it *almost* works; but the mp3 file comes in without is extension, and
the java phone fails to incorporate it as a Ringtone.

I have prepared a USB drive with the relevant files, including all deb
files, modified Rumkin zip files, scripts for installing and setting
everything up, and a collection of mp3 files to test it with. I can
zip all of this up in a file of about 32 MB - possibly a little less
but not by much - and give a copy to whoever would like to play around
with it and lets me know how to get it to them. (I may have to
xor-split it into two files, as gmail has refused to let me send zip
files claiming they were executable, though it will let me send a
completely random file. I also don't know if I can send it full size
or if I have to send it in pieces.) If someone can point me to some
space on a server that might work better.