[WLUG] job opportunity at UMSI

Martin Sager mjsager at umich.edu
Thu Jan 4 09:27:23 EST 2018

Hi,

The School of Information at the University of Michigan has an exciting
opportunity. The posting closes this Friday so don't delay!

We are seeking an Infrastructure Programmer Analyst Senior to work with the
UMSI Computing team to help our faculty, staff, and students use
information technologies in the best ways possible to achieve that mission.

This individual will play a leading role in the development, operation and
evolution of the computing infrastructure used by faculty, staff and
students at UMSI. UMSI operates a number of infrastructure systems to
support critical activities within the school including providing virtual
servers and application virtualization services, supporting research
applications, powering administrative web applications, and enabling
teaching in courses that rely on specialized software.

The Infrastructure Programmer Analyst will be responsible for evaluating
the needs of different constituencies within the School, and, in
consultation with other UMSI Computing team members, engineering and
implementing solutions to meet these needs. These solutions should leverage
local tools already in use as well as migrating or targeting new services
in the cloud.

We are a fun group of professionals who enjoy working at the top of our
game, and we're looking forward to welcoming the person in this position as
a partner to help us raise the bar even further.  UMSI is a collegial and
intellectually diverse environment.  We welcome candidates from diverse
backgrounds that share our passion for developing innovative, elegant and
ethical solutions connecting people, information, and technology.  We
expect the candidate to bring new skills, experiences, and perspectives to
our existing team, challenging our current team members to think about
things in different ways and to see other perspectives. \

Contact Charles tcyun at umich.edu if you have questions.

http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/151885/infrastructure_
programmer_analyst_seniorintermediate

--