[WLUG] Does Hard Drive's Firmware need to be transfered?

gordon webb gordonwebb1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 15:57:48 EST 2014

Hello Ethan, and Alison

The new hard drive came.  With the " No Problem no need to transferring firmware" I installed the new Hard Drive.  Same problem as the first hard drive when trying to install Ubuntu 13.10.  The first 2 screens come up then it goes to a reverse video message something about chash and a bunch of numbers.  When I used the SATA test cables with the new hard drive I get the same ticking sound as the origional.  Some one thought it might be the power supply but its a battery powered laptop.  Back to trouble shooting or may be its time to replace this 5 year old HP G-60t-200.

Gordon